This former U.S. Navy F-14 Tomcat pilot has a lot to share with us about bold, fearless leadership, and some of her advice may be surprising to you.
Carey Lohrenz was a pioneer in military aviation as the first female to pilot that powerful jetfighter. So add that factor onto the stress of a job where inconsistent execution or team miscommunication could lead to catastrophe. (As in… your team being KILLED and it’s your fault. Kind of a different game here, right?) I would say this woman is uniquely and unequivocally qualified in team leadership and high-performance under pressure!
On Glambition Radio, Carey shares how we and our teams can apply her lessons to become fierce, high-performing leaders in business.
Also can you imagine her adjustment into becoming a suburban mom as she pondered her next career move? Transitions from military to motherhood are hard enough, but you’ll love her story on how she managed in a healthy way. (If you’ve ever wondered ‘what’s next?’, this is a conversation you’ll definitely want to hear.)
Carey has been so in demand as a speaker that it was hard to schedule her for the show! Many Fortune 100 businesses have brought her in for her team leadership + performance insights. And her book, ‘Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck’, is a must-read.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- The nail-biting, life-or-death conditions that Carey mastered during her U.S. Navy service… (and why you’ll never look at a postage stamp the same way again)
- Which individual attributes create strong leadership when scaled under pressure—and why acting more like a ‘wingman’ always wins versus a Top Gun maverick… (Sorry Tom Cruise ;))
- The incredibly torturous training she had to endure to become a fighter pilot — she shares that basically ‘they are trying to break you’
- How Carey de-stressed within an incredibly stressful job, and it’s a bit counterintuitive (THIS consistent action is essential for fearless leadership over time.)
- How a jumbo sidewalk chalk scribble in her neighborhood was a pivotal ‘aha’ moment for Carey’s second career (you never know where inspiration will strike…)
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!