This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy we may make a commission, at no additional charge to you. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Buying gifts for kids, and especially for teen girls, isn’t easy. You think you’ve got it. Then, they completely change their interests!
As such, it’s always a good idea to try to find out what they want or like right now. Teen girls can be downright picky and fussy creatures, after all!
Once you know, it will be easy to select the perfect gift for them! With this in mind, here are some of the best gifts for 13-year-old girls of all interests!
At A Glance: Our Top Ten Gifts for 13-Year-Old Girls for 2020 :
What are the Best Gifts for 13-Year-Old Girls?
The best gift for any 13-year-old girl is one they truly love. No matter the price, a gift won’t go down well unless it fits their unique hobbies, interests, and favorites.
Those who love make-up will appreciate brushes, palettes, and mirrors. Others who love social media, blogging, or vlogging will likely prefer a new camera, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Usually, the latest gadgets will go down well with most teen girls. But, finding out what they want is your best bet of getting them the perfect gift!
Just because you’re giving them what they want doesn’t mean you have to ruin the surprise, though! Do so sneakily and surreptitiously enough, and they won’t guess a thing!
- Purple, Euro-style mini scooter
- Available in various colors, including purple, black, white, and pink
- 15 mph top speed
- Weighs 50.5 lbs
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous running time
- Up to 10 miles range
- 170 lbs max weight
Things We Love!
This ultra-cute scooter will definitely be the envy of the neighborhood! I love that it helps girls build their confidence, coordination, and early driving skills, too.
Once donned in the correct safety gear and armed with safe driving knowledge, they can enjoy zipping around the neighborhood! Yes, it’s a fun gift that won’t lose its appeal very soon.
Of course, the scooter has no gears, only an accelerator, and brakes. However, this is a safe and exciting way for them to start driving their own scooter.
- An exciting alternative to a kick scooter or bike.
- Great for zipping around suburban areas.
- Riding builds girls’ confidence.
- Driving improves hand-eye coordination.
- It teaches essential driving skills.
- Safety gear such as a helmet, knee pads, and gloves should be worn while riding.
- Small bike body size – may not suit tall or long-limbed kids.
- Requires an electrical outlet nearby to charge, which can make outside charging a pain.
This gift may be pricey, but it’s one that will keep on giving! Overall, I think this is an excellent gift for 13-year-old girls who love to explore the world around them in style.
If European-style scooters aren’t their style, there are other options, too. They include this cute pink Razor E300S seated electric scooter, which comes with ample power and a comfy seat!
- Black with red accents
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz)
- 15.6″ screen
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card
- 8GB DDR4
- 256GB SSD
- Built-in Alexa voice assistant
- Windows 10 Home
Things We Love!
Gamer girls dream of having a computer like this. Give that girl the upgraded computing power and performance she’s craving with this Acer gaming laptop!
Few laptops come with these specs, and you can even upgrade the RAM and storage at a later date. It also looks pretty sleek with red accents and a backlit keyboard!
I love that this laptop comes in at such a great price compared to others with similar specs, though. I’m sure gamer girls will love playing games with its superior graphics and performance!
- A powerful laptop great for gaming, graphics, and more.
- Sleek look.
- Perfect for gamer girls.
- Also available in sets with either a bag or a bag and other gaming accessories.
- Big screen.
- A reasonable price for a gaming laptop with an NVidia graphics card.
- RAM and storage can get upgraded.
- A pricey gift.
- Small hard drive.
I think this is the perfect gift for 13-year-old girls who love their online games. It’s outstanding value for money and a smart investment, which she can use for more than gaming later on.
- 26 make-up, skin-care, bath, and body products
- Christmas advent calendar
- Ultimate version.
- Not tested on animals
Things We Love!
Few things excite girls as much as a quality bath and body gift set. Of course, not all girls fall in this category, but this advent calendar is a pretty neat gift all the same!
The Body Shop advent calendar gets it’s lucky owner in the spirit with a gift every day! What I love is that many of the products included in this advent are full-size!
In fact, the entire box is worth more than what you pay for it. If you still find this a little pricey, there are also smaller advents perfect as a pre-gift for 13-year-old girls.
- The ultimate make-up, skin-care, bath, and body product gift for bathroom hoggers.
- Packed with $375 worth of full-sized and mini Body Shop products.
- The empty boxes transform into a Christmas village.
- Includes daily trivia inspired by powerful women in history to empower young girls.
- Also available in smaller Starter and Deluxe versions.
- Perfect for Body Shop fans!
- Beautiful packaging.
- A pricey gift.
- Specifically for Christmas, but there are other gift options like this strawberry gift set to choose from for different occasions!
This advent calendar is definitely good value for money, even though it’s quite pricey. This is due to the fact that the entire contents exceed its price in value.
It’s also a nice alternative to your standard unhealthy chocolate or sweet calendars that are gone too fast. The contents will be well appreciated for the entire year to come.
- 54 LED Disco Lights
- Top-loading CD player
- PlaysCD+G karaoke discs
- The USB port supports MP3
- 3.5 mm line in
- Connects to TV via RCA jacks
- Bluetooth capable
- Echo, voice control, and balance
- Record function
- Includes Microphone
Things We Love!
Little songstresses will be delighted with this karaoke system, complete with everything they need to get singing. Karaoke is also the perfect after-dinner family activity to connect all of you!
In fact, I love that this system is the kind of technology that brings families together, not apart. The record function is also pretty neat, as girls can keep their songs as memories and inspo!
The actual look of the system is quite attractive, too. It comes with unique disco lights, mic stands, as well as a ton of functions to fine-tune it!
- An affordable and fun starter karaoke system for girls.
- Perfect gift for future superstars.
- It comes with a microphone.
- Available with or without a USB port.
- It doesn’t support HDMI connections.
- Bluetooth connection isn’t the best quality.
- It comes with only one microphone.
Overall, I think this is one of the best gifts for 13-year-old girls who love to sing. They can use it by themselves to record their songs or host a fun karaoke night with family or friends.
- Latest iPhone 12 Mini
- 5.4″ screen
- Locked with carrier subscription
- Cricket Wireless – unlimited talk/text/data plan
- 64GB, 128GB, or 250GB
- A14 Bionic chip
- Edge-to-edge OLED display
- Ceramic Shield
Things We Love!
At this age, girls are way more social and a bit more mature. As such, a new, “adult” smartphone is likely on many 13-year-old girls’ wishlist.
What I like about the iPhone 12, though, is that it comes in this mini option! Not only is it a bit more affordable, but it’s also perfect for younger girls’ small hands, bags, and pockets.
Apart from this, it also comes with almost all the perks of its full-sized siblings. These features include Night Mode, a high IP rating of IP68, and Qi and MagSafe accessory compatibility.
- Smaller size suits little hands.
- More petite than the 6.1″ iPhone 12.
- Can take detailed low-light selfies thanks to Night Mode.
- Pair with MagSafe Accessories like card wallets to customize.
- Compatible with Qi wireless chargers for easy charging.
- More affordable than the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
- IP68 rated protective against dust and water.
- Waterproof – can be submerged to a depth of 1 m for up to 30 minutes.
- Completely dustproof.
- 5G connection may be an issue in rural areas.
- 64GB isn’t sufficient to store lots of photos, videos, app data, and app files.
Overall, I think that a smartphone is an excellent gift for young teen girls. This is especially true if they’ve never had one or had hand-me-downs up until this point.
On an unlimited phone contract, she’ll also never run out of minutes to call, especially in an emergency.
If the new Apple iPhone 12 mini is a bit too pricey, there are other options, as well. For example, the iPhone SE is still relatively new, yet more much affordable and has a smaller 4.6″ screen.
- 73-Piece set
- It comes with a filling tray
- 100% natural ingredients – beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E, Mica, and shea butter
- 23 lip balm containers and tubes
- 6 different balm containers and tubes
- 4 pure essential oils – lime, rose geranium, lavender, and peppermint
- Includes recipes
Things We Love!
Learning how to make things themselves is one of the best gifts for 13-year-old girls. This lip balm kit does exactly that, letting girls get creative with making their own balms!
I love that the whole kit consists of natural ingredients such as beeswax, essential oils, coconut oil, and shea butter. So, the lip balms they make will be top quality!
This particular kit also comes with a variety of containers and tubes, as well as stickers. So, they can make their own custom lip balm packaging.
In order to start them off, the set comes with some base recipes, too. Using these recipes, they can learn the basics and create their own formulations thereafter.
- Various tubes and containers allow girls to make their own unique balms.
- Base recipes teach girls how to make their own balm recipes.
- Natural ingredients are safe and non-toxic.
- Watch out for allergies – Cera alba (white beeswax), Mica, Vitamin E, and essential oils can cause a reaction.
- Limited color choices.
I think girls will love the idea of creating their own balms with this kit. It will build their confidence and inspire them to create their own products.
Plus, you won’t have to buy lip balm for a while! You’re also free to replenish finished ingredients and buy additions, such as mica pigments and essential oils.
- Slim-design handheld 3D printing pen
- OLED display with temperature monitor
- Adjustable feed speed
- Temperature is adjustable from 130 to 240 °C
- ABS plastic filament in three colors
- Compatible with ABS, PLA, and other some 3D printer filaments
- USB and battery-powered
Things We Love!
Creating art with pens, paints, and pencils is a great creative outlet. However, these days, there are even more opportunities, such as 3D printing!
This affordable 3D printing pen puts girls in the driver’s seat, allowing them to create whatever they wish! The pen itself is portable, as it can run off either the cable or batteries.
So, they can even take it outside to create, which is probably best for ventilation, anyway. Furthermore, it’s compatible with various 3D printing filaments as it’s temperature adjustable.
The set only comes with three colors of ABS. However, you can buy other ABS, PLA, or suitable filaments in a variety of colors and even effects (even color-changing)!
- An excellent tool for girls to explore their creativity.
- Portable and suitable for use indoors and outdoors.
- The hot end is replaceable.
- The cable is short.
- ABS VOC fumes are more toxic than PLS – opt for PLS material.
- It only comes with three color filaments – you can buy a bulk pack of 32 PLA colors, though.
This is a toy that keeps on giving as there are endless colors and creations just waiting to get made! With it, I think girls can create so many exciting things.
It will also build their hand-eye coordination and spatial intelligence. Of course, other types of media kits, including paints, paper, pencils, wire, clay, and many more, are also perfect gifts.
- Wireless over-ear headphones
- Available in black and silver
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Up to 10m connectivity range
- Active noise-canceling (ANC)
- 40 hrs playtime with ANC
- Certified Hi-Res Audio
- Memory foam ear cups
- 40 mm drivers
- Micro-USB charging port
Things We Love!
Teens benefit greatly from escaping into music, audiobooks, and other audio. The experience of listening to these can be therapeutic, educational, and inspiring.
Music, specifically, can be the up when feeling down and an inspiration when exercising or creating. As such, I think a good pair of headphones is an excellent gift for a 13-year-old girl!
These Anker Soundcore Life headphones are exactly that! They offer impressive ANC and sound quality at an affordable price – hence why they are such a popular choice.
As these have larger drivers, they also offer a considerable boost in bass as compared to earbuds and other headphones. Being young, I’m sure most girls will appreciate this feature!
- Affordable, quality headphones.
- Great value for money.
- It can go long without a charge compared to other sets.
- Excellent sound quality.
- BassUp technology lets teens amp up the bass.
- Up to 60 hrs playtime with ANC off at 60% volume.
- Quick charging – 5 minutes charge per 5 hours of battery.
- Ideal for travel as these are foldable and come with a travel pouch.
- Anker offers excellent customer support.
- Earpads tend to make users’ ears hot.
- It doesn’t support aptX codecs, so not ideal for pairing with Android devices.
I think these Soundcore Life headphones are perfect for a 13-year-old girl. With them, they can enjoy their music, audiobooks, and podcasts to the max while blocking out the rest of the world!
If buying for a sporty girl, though, do look at the waterproof Anker SoundCore Liberty Neo earbuds. These are perfect for sweaty activities like gym, home exercise, and running.
- Heart rate, health, fitness, and activity tracker
- Available in black, white, and rose
- Small and large wristbands included
- Up to 10 hours of battery per charge
Things We Love!
Sporty or fitness-obsessed girls might have a slightly different wishlist than the average 13-year-old girl. Other than equipment, an activity and fitness tracker might just be on there!
Fitbit is one of the foremost brands that spearheaded the fitness tracker movement. Their Inspire 2 band records and displays steps, heart rate, active minutes, sleep, and more.
Additionally, users can log into the Fitbit app and log activities, as well as water and food consumption. In fact, the app is full of info, including micro and macronutrient consumption.
I love that it gives athletes and fitness fanatics a way to set goals, hit achievements, and push further.
- It comes with a free 1-Year Fitbit Premium trial.
- Displays call, text, calendar, and other paired smartphone notifications.
- Longer battery life than many other fitness trackers.
- Waterproof up to 50m.
- An affordable fitness tracker.
- You can buy additional non-branded colored wristbands separately.
- It doesn’t store or play music.
- It doesn’t support apps or voice assistants.
- No GPS.
I think this Fitbit Inspire 2 fitness tracker is the perfect gift for a sporty 13-year-old girl. This tracker is also an affordable option to start them off.
If they love it, you can upgrade to a more expensive one later on. Overall, the Inspire 2 comes with all the base features they need, a companion app, and a free year’s worth of Premium.
- 180° tri-fold illuminating make-up mirror
- Available in updated white or non-updated white and silver
- 2x and 3x magnification mirrors
- High-definition glass
- USB and battery-powered
- Three color modes – white, yellow, and natural
- Adjustable brightness
- Swivel rotation
- A recessed base for make-up storage
- 21 built-in LED lights
- 13.38″ x 9.45″ mirror
Things We Love!
Whether dabbling or pro, this illuminating mirror is the perfect gift for a 13-year-old girl who’s interested in make-up. The built-in LEDs can be brightness or color adjusted.
I love the color modes – warm, cold, and natural, though. These, and the clear glass, LED’s, magnification mirrors, and tilting, tri-fold mirrors let them get their make-up on-fleek.
Additionally, the mirror is straightforward to use – it even comes with a user’s guide. So, they should have no problems setting it up for their specific needs and using it.
- Very affordable.
- High-definition glass offers superior clarity for the perfect application.
- It features two separate magnification mirrors – a 2x and 3x mirror.
- Very easy to use and adjust.
- The foldable design is portable and space-saving.
- Other mirrors are available in black, white, and rose gold options.
- Small mirror size.
- The small base doesn’t fit many beauty products.
I think this is a lovely starter mirror for a young teen girl. It has all the features required for them to play with make-up and get the perfect application in the process.
Buyer’s Guide to Buying a Gift for a 13-Year-old Girl
When buying a gift for a 13-year-old girl, it’s easy to worry about choosing correctly. At this age, girls are particular and picky – after all, they’re almost adults now!
That being said, there are some general tips you can follow in order to choose the right gift. Here are just a few of these!
Best Types of Gifts for 13-Year-old Girls
So, what to get a 13 -year-old, Gen Z girl? Well, girls of this modern-day are more independent, business-savvy, and tech-savvy than ever.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all category gift that will please every 13-year-old, though. So, it’s important to know what they are interested in most of all.
However, at this age, they are a lot more mature, too. So, any gift that acquaints them with “adult” activities, such as driving, make-up, and fashion, is a good bet.
With this in mind, here are some general categories of the types of gifts she might like!
Electronics allow girls to connect, learn, build businesses, create, and play. As such, the latest tablets, phones, computers, and gaming consoles are a good bet for most girls.
Make-Up & Accessories
Playing with their look is an essential milestone of this age group. Just be sure of what she’s going for (girly, androgynous, edgy, cute, etc.) and gift her make-up and accessories to match!
Fashionable clothing also becomes an essential tool at this age, and therefore an excellent gift. It’s a statement of her personality, status, friend group, associations, and much more.
For sporty girls, the right piece of clothing or equipment is a coveted gift. If you’re buying a gift for an active, fit, or sports-obsessed girl, be sure to adjust your purchase according to their likes.
Anything that gets girls creating also teaches them they can make valuable items with their own hands. Many a mogul started off making their own sellable products as young girls.
Arts & Crafts
Arts and crafts are a fun gift for kids or teens. Art, painting, drawing, sculpting, and other creative outlets offer therapeutic value and many more benefits.
A pampering bath set is a classic gift to give anyone, especially 13-year-old girls. After all, these delicious, luscious products are the perfect excuse to hog the bathroom!
Another lovely gift is a box of chocolates, candy, or savory snacks. Just be sure you know her personal food preferences as these vary widely from person to person!
Does this special girl have a hobby she’s passionate about? If so, a festive holiday or birthday may be the perfect occasion to upgrade her with some long-coveted equipment!
Music & Accessories
Escaping into music is a typical teen activity. What is less so, is the genres she prefers, though. If you’re not sure, a streaming subscription, audio player, headphones, or earbuds is a good bet.
Books & Subscriptions
Book worms are not merely soft or hardcover fiction novel readers anymore. Be it Kindle, coloring books, comics, audiobooks, or digital books – there are so many options these days.
At this age, learning to drive is just around the corner. As such, age-appropriate vehicles, such as electric or kick scooters, bikes, hoverboards, mini dirt bikes, and scooters, make a good gift.
Room Decor & Make-Overs
Room decor, such as bedding, furniture, lights, projectors, curtains, carpeting, and a lick of paint, really set the mood. In fact, a complete room make-over makes for an excellent gift!
Top 3 Things to Consider When Buying a Gift for a 13-Year-old Girl
So, you’ve got a few ideas on what to give as a gift – but how to choose the best option? Here are the top three things to consider!
Their Likes, Interest, and Hobbies
Always take into account what a teen girl likes before buying a gift for her. Sure, there are some general gifts that are likely to go down well with most girls.
However, she could be allergic, vegan, vegetarian, only use products not tested on animals, or something else. You don’t want to end up giving something that she can’t or won’t use, after all.
It can be challenging to gauge whether a product is age-appropriate or not. But this is a very important point. Always check the manufacturers’ recommendations to find out!
A popular item is one with tons of excellent reviews from customers. Always opt for a gift with a lot of good reviews over one that has bad reviews to avoid disappointment.
Choosing a gift for that tween going on teen girl in your life may not be easy. Just remember, the best gifts for a 13-year-old girl are ones that come from the heart (and careful consideration)!